Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday!

This week I received the yoke and the monitor cable. So the setup is in essence functional. I placed it on the desk and I put the big 19inch lcd monitor on top of the computer case. This will be the main external view. It's sitting kind of high but it saves a lot of space!
The yoke -cheapie, from a manufacturer that has long ceased to exist - is an old clunker that has controls for both rudder and throttle, in the form of knobs on the side. The rudder control has been assigned to the mixture, since it rotates in the same plane as the throttle. I already have some ideas for a simple way to mount levers over the knobs. I'll probably do that tonight and post pictures over the weekend. The yoke came with suction cups to mount it on a flat surface, but they cannot hold it in place when pulling towards you. I will make a better clamping system tonight, if I have time.
So this is the status...yeah!

No comments: