Ok, I learned my lesson.
Never skimp on flight controls. My simming has gone way down in the past two months as you see from the lack of updates. Granted, I was busy with other things, but one of the factors was the shittiness of my flight controls.
The yoke sticks like glue and the $2 pedals are uncomfortable to use.
Can't do much about the yoke except lube it every time I use it, but I had been rolling around an idea to greatly improve the home-made pedals.
I did that this weekend in about half an hour using stuff I had around the house. Pictures upcoming, but first I want to test it a bit. It is a lot more comfy to use that its predecessor, but maybe there's more room for improvement. Keep you posted.